1. You must accept and take responsibility for where you are.
- Steampunk or Goth Style: Our high quality Steampunk corsets are an overall great choice for that Victorian Era look! Dress it up with one of our skirts, a pair of boots, and a top hat and you’ll have all eyes on you! Any black corset would also work for any dark character, like a vampire or gothic bride, which would fit perfectly with our black lolita skirt and thigh high stockings. Add your favorite heels will leave you feeling so dark, sexy, and bad on this spooky night!
- Bridal Style or Fairy: There are many ways you can be formal on Halloween, by being you’re zombie bride or psycho killer prom queen. Add a corset under your form fitting dress for that hourglass bodice, or even pair it with a skirt for that ultimate sex appeal. Add a tutu and some wings with one of our green corsets, and it will leave you feeling like you’re Tinker Bell!
- Corset Over A Blouse: Find a soft or lacy peasant top and cover it with one of our beautiful underbust corsets for that saloon girl look, or even a lady from the Old West with a flowing skirt. If you’re looking for more of a cowgirl look, pair it with your skinny jeans and cowboy boots. Our z069 leather lambskin corsets would suit well for this look, don’t forget your hat for that overall cowgirl look!
- Burlesque and Showgirls: Have you ever seen the movie Burlesque, and just wished you can look that great on stage? This is your time, ladies. Our fashion overbust corsets help fulfill this look instantly when paired with our ruffle shorts or skimpy tutus (more clothing is also optional if desired). For instance, our d068 collection works great with a variety of colors just for you. If you’re going for the Showgirl, our a3056 purple sequin corset would also be an excellent choice!
- Vintage Style: Have no fear of the fitted bodice when you’ve got a corset underneath! Marilyn Monroe, along with many other women in the 50’s and 60’s, styled their attire with girdles and corsets for the highly desired hourglass shape. Many corsets will get the job done beautiful for this look, including our popular underbust waist training corsets.
Have some fun and don’t wait last minute to really bring out your creativity. We all have it in us, ladies!
There is virtually no limit on how essential oils can be used. People often use them topically or aromatically, in cooking and cleaning, as fragrances, or even during massages. Essential oils have also been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes, as well as their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties. They are very useful and powerful allies in our quest for beauty and wellness.
An essential oil is a volatile substance derived form a plant that contains the natural smell and characteristics of that plant. If you’re interested in making essential oils a part of your daily routine, you will find them helpful when it comes to your health, beauty, and household needs as just a few drops can enhance cleaning products, beauty products, and even repel pests. Below are some top essential oils that you can try and add to your daily routine.
- Lavender essential oil: If you plan to have at least one essential oil in your home, I would highly recommend this one. Lavender oil is one of the most versatile oils you can get. When applied topically, it can alleviate skin rashes, acne, insect bites, minor burns, and even relieve headaches. This essential oil can be added to your bath to soothe nerves and feel very relaxed. It can also keep pests away, and eliminate odors from dirty laundry, or even freshen up your living spaces.
- Tea tree essential oil: This essential oil is more well-known for acne-prone skin. Its antibacterial properties help fight acne-causing bacteria and regulate oil production, which can decrease the severity of breakouts. It can also be added to your shampoo to help hydrate the scalp and hair.
- Geranium essential oil: This essential oil can also help regulate oil production and reduce redness and breakouts. it helps improve the appearance of wrinkles by tightening up the skin. It helps promote blood circulation where it is applied, and can help to heal bruises, broken capillaries, burns, cuts, dermatitis, eczema, ringworm, and many other skin conditions.
- Rose essential oil: This works extremely well for dry or aging skin. It helps promote healing, and as a result, this oil helps refine skin texture and tone, and can help manage skin conditions such as psoriasis and dermatitis. One study even found that when inhaling rose essential oil, it inhibits water loss in the skin and lowers the concentration of the stress hormones in the body.
- Lemon essential oil: This particular oil can be added to vinegar to create a powerful household cleaner. You can also add it to your favorite over the counter cleaners to give them a fresh scent and a boost of cleaning power. Lemon oil can be used for acne-prone skin as an anti-inflammatory, but it can make your skin very sensitive to the sun, so be sure to use sunblock during the day. Lime essential oil can be used for similar purposes, and is excellent for boosting your mood and energy. Add a couple drops to your water, or inhale anytime for a quick pick me up!
- Peppermint essential oil: This oil works well when trying to repel spiders and mice from your home. It can also be massaged onto your temples to relieve headaches and added to your toothpaste to freshen your breath. When nausea or an upset stomach occurs, a cup of peppermint tea can help alleviate it, or even to relieve stomach cramps.
- Eucalyptus essential oil: This oil works great when massaged onto the chest to break up congestion and soothe cold symptoms. It can also be massaged onto the skin or added to your body lotion to help repel outdoor pests, or diffused in a room to help the user relax and unwind.
So if you’re looking to inspire a positive emotional state, enhance your physical wellness, purify your home, refine your skin, or create deep spiritual awareness, why not give these essential oils a try! * Remember it’s always important to do your homework before you try new home remedies, especially if your one with sensitive skin. It is not recommended that these oils are used on pregnant women, infants, or children. Look around at your local drug or wellness store to find some great prices for a beneficial change in your life!
Until next time,
When you first put on your brand new steel boned corset, you will quite literally achieve instant results that you’ll love. In a matter of time, your waist will go from its original size, down to about 4”-6,” which is a very impressive difference! This can be so tempting that you’ll keep wanting to tighten the laces even more for even quicker results, but it’s very important to stay patient in the waist training process for your own health and comfort.
We use the term “season,” which basically means to “break in” your corset, to properly mold the garment to the shape of your body. This is an essential step in the waist training process and it is imperative that you allow yourself 7-10 days to season the corset accordingly. For instance, you want to wear it for no more than 2-4 hours per day, not tightened to its full capacity, gradually increasing the tightness and duration of wear each day.
By not seasoning your corset properly, you risk damaging your corset by warping the busk and bones, even causing them to bend or break. It also has the potential to compromise the fabric, causing it to wear and tear because it’s still rigid from never being worn on a body before.
The heat from your body play an important role during this process by warming up the bones and busk, allowing them the time they need to not just form and mold to your body, but also to accentuate them to their full potential.
Most importantly, other than avoiding immediate damage to your corset or injury to yourself, seasoning your corset properly will most definitely increase its lifespan. So again, be patient and allow the corset to shape to your curves and you will be ecstatic about your results. Our high quality steel boned corsets here at The Fashion Corset Shop are worth the investment, so take advantage of them for a long time to come!
Guide to Seasoning Your Steel Boned Corset
WEEK ONE: Maximum 2” Reduction
Time Wearing Corset
1 ½ Hours
2 ½ Hours
WEEK TWO: Maximum 2” Reduction
3 ½ Hours
4 ½ Hours
Proceed at Your Level of Comfort
Until next time,
There are so many ways to style your corset, especially with the wide range of fashion trends these days. Corsets are generally considered as a type of lingerie or an undergarment, but some of the products are just too beautiful to hide sometimes, and you should have the freedom to express your style in whichever way you choose. This is where underwear can, and should, become useful as outerwear as well.
- Of course, we’ll start with the bedroom look. Spice your corset up with a pair of black lace panties and some thigh high stocking, or even one of our popular garter belts. Top it all off with some of your favorite heels, and you’ll have your partner going crazy! It’s your time to bring out your ultimate sexy, ladies!
- Waist training is also very popular way of using the corset as an undergarment, for that flattering hourglass figure. You can easily hide this garment under everyday loose-fitting clothes, helping you feel a little more confident in your own skin. Vintage wearers can, too, find these garments useful in their fitted bodice and natural waistline shaped dresses.
- Now that we have the basic look of the corset covered, let’s play around with showing it off in public! You can turn your garment into the main feature of your outfit by under-dressing the rest of your attire. Try pairing it up with a pair of jeans and creating more attention to your desirable top. You obviously want to be sure that this is an overbust styled corset so your girls are appropriately covered, and by all means looking totally fab!
- Now, if your goal isn’t to stand out too much, it’s always an option to team it up with a pair of high-waisted trousers for a stunning look for more of a classy jumpsuit. This can also work with a high-waisted pencil skirt for the look of a dress, and so very seductive!
- If you’re wanting a little more coverage for your shoulders or arms, add a cute cardigan for a toned down, girly look and it’s more useful for an everyday wearer. It also looks stunning under a suit or jacket, adding a perfect feminine touch to your not so girly-girl!
- Any soon to be brides out there?! Corsets are perfect for weddings! Bridal gowns with corset-inspired bodices are very common for cinching in the waist and having a beautiful and romantic lace-up back. Some women choose to wear the garment under the dress, but that also depends on how easy it would be to hide it under the many style of gowns there are. An alternative way to wear it as a dress, is to pair the overbust corset, in place of the bodice, with a full Cinderella skirt and there you have a gorgeous wedding gown!
- The Steampunk fashion is also an ongoing popularity in corsetry. This look dates back to the Victorian Era in the 19th century where women typically featured steam-powered machinery. This style is most drastic at Steampunk conventions worldwide, so look around in your area if this sounds like an interest to you!
So, again, no need to hide that beautiful garment. Show it off and express yourself in your own way!
Until next time, Happy Corseting!
A common question I get asked is whether it’s recommended to sleep in a corset or not. If your intention is to waist train, then my answer would be YES! Sleeping in your corset is an excellent way to accelerate your goals, literally because your training while you’re sleeping! Some people may have daily routines that may interfere with their ability of wearing a corset, and being able to wear one at night allows these women to waist train. An important thing to remember though, is that not all women are the same! Everyone has their own rate of progress, so we have listed a few tips here before you consider taking your waist training to bed.
Before you decide to wear your corset to bed, you want to avoid eating late so you don’t feel so bloated to the point where it’s uncomfortable to even wear the garment. It’s also essential to settle in and get comfortable in your corset before you lie down for bed, so we suggest wearing it an hour or so before to make sure it’s laced appropriately to your comfort for a good nights sleep. It may also be helpful to keep a glass of water next to your bed to stay cool and hydrated.
It’s extremely important to keep the corset comfortable on the body and not too tight so you can breathe soundly during your sleep. It’s just like when your first start wearing your corset, you’re not used to the compression of your midsection, and you gradually need to ease into it according to your level of comfort. By nature, we all use our diaphragm to breathe- and the feeling of ‘not being able to breathe’ is caused by the restriction of the diaphragm expansion. The key waist training in your sleep is to discipline yourself, and change the way you breathe in your corset as a more natural response.
The norm for tight lacing is chest breathing, which may take much time, patience, and practice to get used to this new method of breathing. You want to focus on changing your breathing from the low position of the diaphragm to high in the chest for living and sleeping well in your corset. It’s common that if you train yourself at something, you’ll eventually get better at it; so if you train for chest breathing during the days, then it will obviously be much easier to adjust to it! Remember, it’s most important to be patient with this change in your breathing habits, but soon enough your body will adapt. That’s exactly what this concept is about- making a new natural state of being with what we impose our bodies to do! Dedication and discipline will most definitely bring out these changes to transform your body in exactly what YOU want it to be.
Until next time, sleep tight!
- It’s most important to consider your natural waist measurement to determine your correct size. You so not want to rely on your dress or pant size during this process since sizes may vary when making a purchase. Instead, you simply want to measure your natural waist with a measuring tape, about 2” above the belly button, and proceed by comparing your most accurate measurement to our size chart.
- Also, not every woman’s body shape is the same and that’s why you see such a variety of styles designed to fit different body shapes. Whether you’re body is pear, apple, or ruler shaped, there is a corset designed for your needs and expectations. Pay attention to your unique body type when buying a corset so you can target your best attributes and hide any problem areas you may have.
- Finally, you want to consider the corset’s construction to ensure you are getting a top quality corset. The authentic steel boning corsets are excellent options that can last many years when take care of properly. A poorly made corset will not last long and may cause pain and discomfort. Our collection of corsets here at The Fashion Corset Shop mostly contain flat and spiral steel bones, except for our fashion corsets that contain plastic, so they retain the most desirable shape every woman has to offer.
A huge mistake that we’re all guilty of making that we wish to have someone else’s perfect body. We’re constantly looking at magazines and not realizing that with today’s photoshop artists, they actually help make their bodies look that way. In actuality, we need to follow some simple advice to seek your own best body. Instead of trying to look like someone else, you want to reasonably pursue your best body and be proud of who you are!
Ladies, whoever said that skipping meals and starving yourself was the way to go, was wrong. Crash diets can send your body into starvation mode leaving you with no energy to get through the day. You want to eat regularly, about 4-5 small meals a day while emphasizing in lean meats, vegetables, some fresh fruits, healthy fats, and an appropriate amount of good carbs. Also, don’t think the occasional treat will ruin your diet, once you’re filled up on protein and vegetables, feel free to add your favorite sweet for dessert! As for fluids, drink more so it can help keep you from being hungry!
2. Target Fat Loss
I’m not talkin’ that you have to completely go bust your butt in the gym. Cardio is a great way to lose fat, but with cardio alone you won’t get your dream body. The problem with cardio for fat loss is that the more you do, the better you get and the less effective it becomes. To continue the process of getting rid of fat, you need to work the whole body with light weights to see more definition.
3. Time to Tone it Up
Many women who venture into the world of weights think that they should do specialized toning routines for specific areas on the body that they want to improve. This usually results in small isolation exercises done with low weight and a ridiculous amount of reps. You obviously need to begin with lighter weights and work your way up the scale for further definition. Instead of plateauing and staying at the same weight, lower your reps and increase the weight to build more strength and tone without size when you’re ready. The best way to target your “problem spots” is through total body training with hard exercises and good nutrition.
4. Prioritize Your Posture & Minimize Core Training
Of course, I’m going to mention our stunning Waist Training Corsets selection. The corset cinches in at the waist resulting in the most desirable hourglass figure for us woman, being thin and curvy! With waist training, over time your waist can potentially appear smaller once you get on a good routine. You also will see quite the improvement in your posture when wearing a corset as its steel boning prevents your from doing any bending.
It’s an obvious statement when we say that the most important ingredient to being your best self and living your best life… is you. You do it for yourself. Your body is your temple and sometimes we get too busy to take care of ourselves, we run out of the time and energy. It’s funny though, the only way to give yourself more energy is to nurture yourself: your mind, body, and soul.
“#1 Health Rule: Give yourself permission to be healthy… Women in particular need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”- Michelle Obama
I understand we all have different priorities, but what a difference it can make when you can get some time to yourself, doing something your mind and body enjoy doing. Do yourself a favor, unearth yourself from your busy schedules and every day demands. Listen to your body, what do you feel it needs at this moment? If you need to be refreshed, then rest; if you need more energy, then move; do you need to clear your head or maybe just need some silence, then take a break and get some fresh air. Most often, it’s our daily routines that get in the way preventing us from having time for self-care. Try and work it in to your daily grind and let yourself seek balance to feel happy, healthy, and have the ability to find your own personal space. It all starts with your attitude, so look forward to the positive change you’re trying to make in your life and it WILL make a difference.
We’ve watched the unique styles and trends of corsets expand throughout centuries on many women, regardless of their shapes and sizes. With the different styles at an ultimate high, it’s important to become educated when you want to purchase a good quality steel boned corset. Many retailers sell corsets that may be misconstrued as a steel boned corset, but not all corsets necessarily have the same benefits.
Our Fashion Corsets, for instance, are plastic boning corsets and are not recommended to wear every day or in place of waist training because they bend out of shape frequently. These particular corsets are affordable at a low cost, for the benefit of a fashion statements and to feel confident and sexy. The Authentic Steel Boned Corsets, however, are higher quality corsets used for many beneficial purposes, but most popular for holding in your midsection and breasts for that flattering hourglass figure. The steel boning throughout the corset helps maintain its shape and the layers of fabric make it more reliable for every day use. These styles range in lengths and fabrics, and are most popular for the unique Victorian Era style known as Steampunk Corsets, and of course the double-steel boned Waist Training Corset, which is used to trim down your waist into the shape of the corset.
So are you stuck trying to decide if the talk is true, and a steel boned corset is really what you’re looking for? Here are some top beneficial reasons to opt for steel boned corsets:
- it’s a better quality corset- the steel bones and layers of fabric help maintain the corset shape to prevent bending and last a longer period of time
- holds in loose skin in the midsection for a slimmer physique
- can reduce back pain and improve posture dramatically
- ability to adjust lacing to your desired comfort- comes equipped with a 5-6″ modest panel to cover flesh in the back
- minimize menstrual cramps by applying pressure on the peritoneal organs
- use as a weight loss aide- will not allow much expansion of the stomach
- experience more of an hourglass shape
- worn to reshape for a more feminized figure- narrow down the waist
- can be worn under or over clothing
- can also be worn by men who need back support or slimmer midsection
We hope this information helps you decide if the steel boned corset will be beneficial to your needs!
Thanks for reading!