There are so many ways to style your corset, especially with the wide range of fashion trends these days. Corsets are generally considered as a type of lingerie or an undergarment, but some of the products are just too beautiful to hide sometimes, and you should have the freedom to express your style in whichever way you choose. This is where underwear can, and should, become useful as outerwear as well.
- Of course, we’ll start with the bedroom look. Spice your corset up with a pair of black lace panties and some thigh high stocking, or even one of our popular garter belts. Top it all off with some of your favorite heels, and you’ll have your partner going crazy! It’s your time to bring out your ultimate sexy, ladies!
- Waist training is also very popular way of using the corset as an undergarment, for that flattering hourglass figure. You can easily hide this garment under everyday loose-fitting clothes, helping you feel a little more confident in your own skin. Vintage wearers can, too, find these garments useful in their fitted bodice and natural waistline shaped dresses.
- Now that we have the basic look of the corset covered, let’s play around with showing it off in public! You can turn your garment into the main feature of your outfit by under-dressing the rest of your attire. Try pairing it up with a pair of jeans and creating more attention to your desirable top. You obviously want to be sure that this is an overbust styled corset so your girls are appropriately covered, and by all means looking totally fab!
- Now, if your goal isn’t to stand out too much, it’s always an option to team it up with a pair of high-waisted trousers for a stunning look for more of a classy jumpsuit. This can also work with a high-waisted pencil skirt for the look of a dress, and so very seductive!
- If you’re wanting a little more coverage for your shoulders or arms, add a cute cardigan for a toned down, girly look and it’s more useful for an everyday wearer. It also looks stunning under a suit or jacket, adding a perfect feminine touch to your not so girly-girl!
- Any soon to be brides out there?! Corsets are perfect for weddings! Bridal gowns with corset-inspired bodices are very common for cinching in the waist and having a beautiful and romantic lace-up back. Some women choose to wear the garment under the dress, but that also depends on how easy it would be to hide it under the many style of gowns there are. An alternative way to wear it as a dress, is to pair the overbust corset, in place of the bodice, with a full Cinderella skirt and there you have a gorgeous wedding gown!
- The Steampunk fashion is also an ongoing popularity in corsetry. This look dates back to the Victorian Era in the 19th century where women typically featured steam-powered machinery. This style is most drastic at Steampunk conventions worldwide, so look around in your area if this sounds like an interest to you!
So, again, no need to hide that beautiful garment. Show it off and express yourself in your own way!
Until next time, Happy Corseting!